Thursday, February 4, 2016

Make new friends but treasure the old.

It's been a busy January with little time to crawl under a rock and feel sorry for myself.   John has kept me busy with some time away from Longmeadow and Suffield!  A birthday get away to Vermont, New York Opera, and a trip to California to visit his sister and her family in Coronado.  A great way to spend the month!  Things are calming down in February and I am enjoying the dailiness of just living!

I have experienced my second Chemo treatment with the reduced Chemo Cocktail.  This time, the reaction was even less than last - kind of amazing and very hopeful.  I also had a meeting with my Doctor who is very pleased with my activity and health level.  He has scheduled another PET scan to check the progress.  Before the next Chemo - I will have that done and learn the results in two and a half weeks.

Meanwhile,  I continue to get amazing support from you guys..  I do so appreciate that. As I am still very functional, it has been great to spend some real one on one time with those of you who come through this area or that I am able to visit with on my travels.  While we were in Coronado,  I was able to catch up with two very dear friends - one from Grammar school and another from more recently.  I really appreciate that they drove all the way to visit.  Below are pictures of me and John with JANET and Mike Frazier, me and Jannie, and me and Charlie Barr and Joey, his pup!  Charlie and John Matthews are both avid Rotarians, they had a lot to talk about!  Great hugs and a little bit of tears - and wonderful connections.  Nothing like "old" friends,

Mary Ellen and John Matthews - John's sister and brother in law introduced me to a NEW friend....  ALEXA...  It so struck my geekie side I had to get to know her better.  So I have adopted her - well - one of her. If you don't know of her - when you watch the superbowl,  I believe you will get to meet her.  I heard they might have a commercial there!  So... just thought I'd share her with you now... Let me know what you think!   It's rising in my gadget favorites to the status of SONOS.  And has nothing to do with being sick!


Next Blog I want to tell you about some of the beatiful  "WORDS" I have recieved..

Have you ever walked a labyrinth?







No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...