Saturday, January 21, 2017

A personal Victory

2016 ended with my needing to begin a new protocol of Chemo which I have now been on for three weeks.  This reality had me bummed out as my options of treatment were now one fewer... or so it seemed and seems.  Fears of the side effects were high, as always.  Reading up no the possibilities was not encouraging, but I was reminded by John why that list is so long.   Discussing with the DR (Rathmann) he had a few other thoughts of side effects... lots to worry about but on the other hand the feeling is strong that this, in fact, is a better approach right now.  

In three weeks I have had some side effects like swelling, heart burn, but little nausea.  So all is well and the first two week check in seemed ok but can't tell if it's working yet.   One must believe!

On the positive side,  I had the most endearing birthday gathering of 11 close friends.  A private dining room, and lots of very thoughtful remembrances all around the table.


A week later I get to visit Tyler in Steamboat for a couple of days which was excepptionally nice since he couldn't make it home for Christmas.  Four days of relaxing together and just being together.   One day we walked up to frozen Fish Creek Falls - a nothing walk back in the day,  and it wasn't as bad on my breathing as I had feared.

  The weather was great and, somehow, I gathered the courage and decided to attempt skiing after 18 years and a lot of other obstacles.  I fretted about this a lot, but finally my desire to HAVE skied.  Tyler's patience was being tried...but he went along and helped me each step of the way.  It was kind of payback (or role reversal) for our many trip skiing when they were little.  Breathing, again, was not the problem I had feared although there were moments.  Things have definitely changed.  But...

I DID IT!  Not as strong as I once was and I did take it slowly.  But I did it!  A small victory as I had all but put skiing into the " I remember when....  " memories.



Thanks to each of you who take the time to follow this. It's good to share these minor victories as the bigger challenge continues.  I am doing what I can on that front.  Meanwhile, I am trying to live each day and keep the fears and sadness from ruining what a wonderful life I have right now, today.  I am especially thankful for friendships from over the years.  Thanks for sticking around.






No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...