Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas... Again

Merry Christmas to all...so glad to be here for another one.

I can't believe it's been two months since I last wrote.  My new status as Grandmother has been joyfully preoccupying.  Should I bore you with pictures?  He is ADORABLE and a beautiful blend of Will and KA - maybe a little more Will right now!

We also have taken some time to take Johnny and a Alex Coker - a friend from Dallas now in NYC -  to the Met to see the Magic Flute - a great treat and fun to share.



Each milestone makes me more thankful, and, a little scared.  As my "situation" has made me concentrate more on enjoying each day as much as I can,  each person as dearly as I can,  each moment as candidly as I can - the milestones also make me wary of how fast time is passing. I am being blessed with many days, weeks, even years, through the efforts of our medical world.  Each morning when I take my chemo, every night when I take it again, I am conscious of the reality of where I am.  I am not dwelling on it, just acknowledging it.  In fact, many mornings I get ready for the day and have forgotten to put on the support hose that keep my feet from swelling out of my shoes.  I retrench and start that process over,  again reminded.  So it goes and I am thankful.  Another Christmas.

For us, there are some adjustments and changes from last year.   David is no longer part of it,  which adds much sadness and emptiness.  The first year without him - especially tough on our boys.  David and Tyler are not making it home because of job commitments.  Will and KA are staying in Suffield - it's "our" turn.  Johnny has come in from Boston.  We will be a small group Christmas Eve - but it will be good.  Dr. John has his family traditions of Christmas Eve, equally important to his group - so we are dividing to conquer.  It will be strange not to be with him - but it's only for a night.

I was lucky enough to carve out three days last week and visit with David Jr in Austin.  John and I will head to Steamboat for a quick visit with Tyler and J'mie early January - so I will celebrate Christmas with all the boys!  A well worked series of compromises.

Happy Holidays to you all and maybe our paths will cross in the new year.  I sure hope so.


No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...