Saturday, January 26, 2019

January comes and Goes

Since the new year began,  I have been feeling unbelievably better. I hope I do't jinx this, but that is the truth. I am eating pretty normally, sleeping pretty well,  and have begun a "live Strong" exercise program at the local Y.  They put together  a group of 9 people and we meet twice a week.  It is a hoot as it a very diverse group!  I feel I am getting stronger.   - Although we are taking care of a  friend's Black Lab who has me Beat.    Chopin !!   for those of you who remember Beethoven!



I was fortunate to spend five days in Steamboat visiting with Tyler, Jamie and Karen Harrison and Walter Freedman.  Nostalgia ran through me as I remembered all the great family times we were lucky enough to share.   The divergent paths we follow and ho w important it is (at least to me) to pause and reflect - and realize how much i have to be grateful for-and each new day is a gift to cherish.

 On the medical front we have some logistical decisions to make.  My Oncologist Dr. Rathmann, is leaving his practice.  of . course this is distressing because together we have been quite successful!   I will miss him.  We meet next week for the last time and will discuss my next moves.   Hartford is 30 minutes away and Springfield has reportedly equally as good Docs...  but...  My next move for treatment might very well be out of Boston,  Mass General.  Boston is even farther than Springfield.  It's time to gather information and make the decision.  I can only hope it goes smoothly.  It is a little anxiety provoking.

I am looking forward to another weekend with John (brother) and Rin.  Our destination is Pittsburg!  Haven't been there for a while and Dr. John has never - we will no doubt be well fed and amused.

I am getting to spend a couple of mornings each week with William and watch his incredible progress -  It's probably not so incredible to those of you who have Grand children,  but as this is my only one,  each day is a miracle with new discoveries.  How can I help but be Happy!

Thanks for thinking about me and taking the time to read this.  I hope to be a more regular blogger, but it's wonderful to report there is nothing but joy to report!!

Happy new year to us all - as it seems to be speeding by.

Jan

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...