Monday, August 4, 2008

The Fall Out

I entered the world of story telling on the net. It's not going to be easy with a follow up dramatic story like the first, but I hope to offer some interesting thoughts as well as experiences to my friends. The reaction of you to my "leap" offers encouragement. I have reconnected with friends and brought new conversations to our interactions. It's similar to the annual responses I used to get from sending the Christmas photo and newsletter, but more specific and less time sensitive. A wonderful feeling of connectedness. thank you each for your interest. I was encouraged to activate my accounts of FACEBOOK and MYSPACE where I reconnected with more friends - mostly young people - what a gift! I have yet to update information on RAVELRY - a network for fiber freak - aka knitters, spinners etc. There is something for everyone - and they are all interconnected.

Individual stories are inspiring, especially when we know the characters involved. There are paradigms to be shared. I seem to have encouraged a few of you to think about jumping out an airplane, if only a momentary contemplation.

Let me now encourage you to take a more Global view of story telling from a person I have only met on TED talks. If you aren't familiar with these talks, you have an intellectual treat in store for you.

Jonathan Harris's talk at TED conference in Monterey California presents a "passive" view of stories on the internet at http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jonathan_harris_tells_the_web_s_secret_stories.html
trying to make sense of the emotions of stories on the net. He concludes with an amazing view of the news and the universe which could be the way we will be able to study and learn in the future. His realization of going from feeling like a small fish in a big pond to "feeling bigger again." The many paradoxes (appropriate?) of life are rife in his presentation. Another paradox is stated as our "need to express ourselves and number of sympathetic friends willing to sit around and listen. "We feel fine" is a timely visualization of feelings expressed on blogs. I hope you will take 20 minutes to look at this. You will be amazed.

Thanks for taking a moment away from the dailiness of your life for a mental exercise which may bring you a different perspective of our stories. Maybe encourage you to do your own, in a leap for you. Let me know what you think, leave a comment or email me...... then get back to what you are supposed to be doing. I am returning to selling and telling yarns.

Happy Tales

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...