Monday, July 17, 2017

Another "SIDE EFFECT"



More side effects to contend with! I've mentioned swelling and nausea and many others and now I have the white blood cell to contend with.  I guess it's common to have a low count and have to skip Chemo - but I have felt so good that it totally surprised me.  I had to go off of it for a week,  and each week is precious.  The count came up, minimally but enough to resume treatment.  As well as attacking the cancer cells, the chemo attacks the white blood cells and compromises my immune system!    When you are given a short period of survival if you "do nothing" doing nothing is not something I want to do.  Don't want to eat up that time.  Doing "something" has worked well.  This is uncontrollable - i can't change my diet, walk farther, breath deeper, take a vitamen...  Of course, I fear that old slippery slope in my future and wonder - fear - that any change is the beginning.  

 Monday I have the pet scan which is the bottom line on knowing what's going on with my treatment. I can't study for this test, it is what it is. Keep your prayers coming and fingers crossed. I will let you know how it goes. 

 Meanwhile, I continue to live a wonderful, active life.  John and I went on a river cruise last month which was devine.  We have spent and will spend more time at the lake this summer - what a relief from the incredible heat we have been having.  A trip to the cape... plans for Austin, Maine...  it is a busy, fun summer planned.  

With Will and KA and ??  at the Cape



Thanks for traveling with me on this bumpy road. 

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...