Friday, July 28, 2017

Willie Nelson - I woke up "still not dead" again today!

Every Three months I go through "the change." or more correctly said, the fear of the change! I have a PET scan to see if there is any growth in my cancer - indicating a resistance has built up to my current treatment, Every three months I get exceptionally moody and inward. I suppose it's another "side effect" of this road I am on. Tuesday I had an appointment with my oncologist about the Pet Scan the week before and it is all good. I get the reports of the scan on the internet before I see the doctor - so, of course, I read them, don't fully understand, panic a bit, and withdraw even more. This time was no different - but once again, all is well, continuing on the same course, and we can make plans for the next three months! - and that brings us to the end of October when (drum roll) . Baby Anderson is due to arrive. I have also been given a reprieve on going to the doctor - I just need a blood test in a month and don't see the doctor for TWO months. John and I are spending a bunch of time at the lake with family and friends. It's a wonderful place to retreat to - and it's fun to share.
Karen Meyer with Carolyn and Ettienne D'Otreppe

Karen flew in from Scottsdale on a whim - hadn't seen her in maybe 12 years.  We picked it right up and moved forward!    I find that so refreshingly amazing.  Lesson here, though, if we are NOT intentional about our friendships,  they won't maintain themselves.  Be a friend and be spontaneous!

I am concerned that her jeans were so worn out - I am looking for iron on patches to send to her!

If I don't write for awhile,  I am trying to forget I have Cancer and live a "normal" life.  I always love to hear from YOU - my inspirations to keep it upbeat but real.  Enjoy the end of summer - and then we get the FALL!  Except for the shorter days - so beautiful.





















No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...