Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Summer's End - Already


How fast it has flown by.  One more week till Labor Day and Two years since diagnosis day! Amazing.  I am continuing to enjoy a very blessed life full of friends, new adventures, and cherishing memories of the past.  Most of the summer has been spent at the lake - enjoying the Adirondacks and friends and family.  The "cabin" is being well used and enjoyed.  John's family, my family, friends, a wonderful blending of people and reuniting of families.  So fortunate to have this little bit of heaven in the wilderness.

Last week we had ALL of my KIDS - all the boys, a daughter in law, and a significant other!  So much fun.  The boys reverted to adirondack adventures from yesteryears - summers at Lake George.  Having two ladies to "observe" the antics with enriched my enjoyment.  Dr. John watched it all go by preparing incredible dinners every night.  The differences in our families was apparant!  SOO much fun and more memories to add the books.  My heart warms when I realize how fortunate we are to have had that time together - to PLAY.






My health continues to be good, and I wish this cancer thing would just go away.  The heavy cloud covers everything I do - it does makes me enjoy more intensely and this is good.  It is hard to think of the "next" time to "do it again"  when I feel some limitation of time - but I don't really know and wish I didn't worry.  Two years is longer than we expected,  and it doesn't seem to be turning yet!  We are making more plans for adventures - but the time frame is shorter.


a weekend trip to the Cape with Will, KA and  their friends Victor and Victoria 

at the Lake with all the boys and more.

  Johnny and I on the sunfish - he caught on quickly!


David taking the sailfish over the sandbar.

KA, Will and Baby Anderson!!
Tyler and J'mie

This week is truly a highlight of my MY summer.


Of course, life is not full of just bliss and reunions - although we would all like it to be.  Sadness has befallen me with the news that my trusted companion of the past 12 years - through thick and thin - Gracie has Cancer herself.  Signs came on quickly.  She is walking slowly, has difficulties with steps, and reminds me so much of exactly where I was two years ago - almost to the day.  Sadly, her prognosis is about what mine was originally,  Hers has little likelihood of changing.  



No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...