Friday, October 10, 2008

Moving Forward after a Setback

It's been awhile since I have updated this but now is the time. I need to record the progress of the "back" lest it becomes a blur.

I left you last with the hopes of the steroid shot working.... and the answer is - yes and no. Oh the paradoxes of life. Here's how it went. I got progressively better - a great thing. I could walk a bit farther, sleep a lot better, and move more easily. So - I went to work. The next week found me in Vermont making calls and enjoying being out on the road again. My left leg got tired and a little weak - and I was really happy to get home.

Here comes the NO part. Friday morning I woke up, showered, walked the dog.... leaned over for something and BOOM - I couldn't stand. Excruciating pain. Fortunately I had my phone in my back pocket... a word to the wise - have a back pocket for your phone. I called Christina who rushed over and somehow got me, eventually to the emergency room. This time when they asked pain level between 1 to 10 - no thought needed - it was a 10. Worse than childbirth. They gave me morphine and many many other drugs - bottom line - knocked out for 5 days - truly. And surgery scheduled for October 13th. Yep - this Monday in the morning and should be home Tuesday - and them for some time. Maybe a month.

And more good news is that - after that painful Friday, I have had little pain, am off of pain pills and stronger than in the last 6 months. Numbness in my foot and fear of a repeat of that Friday indicate that I need to follow through with the surgery. I am looking forward to having it over.

I have been working all week on the computer and phone, trying to contact customers and sell what little I can over the phone and net, but I actually think that the buying this week would have been slight had I been driving around the country. What a week!

I am trying to figure out some of the networking groups and connections on the net that might provide a way to encourage sales in the companies I represent. I sure would like to find some ways to do a little less driving.

That's the update - not too exciting but I felt I needed to document the moves forward so that I can complete the story next week and be done with it!

Happy Columbus Day - I hope you go out for a walk in the woods to celebrate - that's what I want to do.

J

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...