Monday, November 9, 2015

Sadness and Gladness

Sadness and Gladness

Thank you all for taking the time to read up on my situation.  I regret the sadness that it has conveyed - but there is no getting around the fact that it is both sad and scary.

Now let me tell you a bit of the happiness and good fortune that my life contains in the midst of all this terror.  As I mentioned before,  I am living with a wonderful man who I have known for a couple of years.  He is a widower, yes he has been through this before and not that long ago.  Last June we went to Alaska and decided to get married,  maybe sometime in the Fall.   When I was first diagnosed,  I felt that everything had changed.  It had, but then again it hadn't.  His steadfastness was and is a true blessing.  He is right by my side and we are proceeding with living life the best we can while we can.

Right now,  I do not feel sick - tomorrow I will from the chemo - but otherwise I feel quite well.  John and I just had a great weekend in NYC seeing Rigoletto at the Metropolitan Opera and eating our way across the city.  My appetite is still good and I have gained some weight.  We walked a lot which is very good for me.  I do not look sick or act it and plan to keep that up as long as I can.

pictures to let you know I mostly do not feel, look or act sick  - carpe diem
John is a great cook, a fabulous support, a very intelligent person and I am very lucky to have him in my life.  We have both found surprising happiness and comfort in each other. I could write much more, and will, about what a wonderful man he is,  but introductions today.

John is an orthopedic surgeon working with the Shriner's hospital in Springfield MA in his retirement!    His family has been more than welcoming to me and my boys have taken a great liking to him.  More on that in another Blog,  but I don't want to overwhelm you with too much at one point.

My mailing address is 173 Longmeadow Street,  Longmeadow, Ma  01106 and cell is still 860-214-5151.  Email is janbabsonanderson@gmail.
we both could fit in the glider!!

I am not taking pictures like I used to.... but I will include some where I can,  I still very much believe in the importance as I did in my Creative Memories days.

Here are two pictures of us when John took me gliding in Bar Harbor in October.  It was truly gorgeous, and quiet.  I have to pinch myself when I realize that I have a mini private make a wish foundation in this man.  He is helping me forget that I have the cancer and focus on living in the moment.  A true blessing.


Meanwhile,  with Will and KA living so close by and in a one bedroom apparatment,  they are going to move into my house in Suffield.  Hopefully this will work out for them at least in the near term.  giving them more space and me the ease of not having to do much else with it except clear out whaat I can.  After 10 years it is a big change for me and I will miss having my own space.  But to see them happy there and know I am well cared for an not alone is just what I need right now.  Occassionally I think of how that would feel right now,  and there is no question I am a lucky girl,  even in this.


I hope this takes a little of the sting of sadness that I sent you the other day.  It's a roller coaster here and I am trying to focus on the positive.  Short term planning, being as genuine as I can and making every moment a bit more meaningful.  I have enjoyed hearing from you.  It brightens my day.  Keep your thoughts and prayers coming my way.  The support sustains me.


No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...