Friday, November 6, 2015

Summer 2015

It's been a horrendous summer for me. It started out very well with an amazing cruise in Alaska!  I'll get back to that at a later point, but now I need to tell you of my new "journey" that was assigned August 31st.

After suffering ten days of increased difficulty breathing, I left the beautiful Adirondacks to get the breathing back in order.  Unfortunately,   It wasn't asthma.   I was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer.  My left lung cavity had filled with liquid, leaving that lung useless and all my innards cattywanpus!   A week in the hospital, a little surgery and X-rays....I was finally permitted to leave... With an oxygen tank.  John DeWeese brought me to his house in Longmeadoe, MA where I have been and will be.

I am having treatment at St Francis hospital in Hartford.  Why I choose that hospital will be revealed in another post, for now I want to focus on my immediate story.  I have also gone to Dana Farber.  My cancer cells were tested to see if I qualified for any of the new approved drugs.  I did not. We hoped there would be more material to test for eligibility with new drugs being tested.  There was not, so those tests are being postponed until we see how the standard chemo is working.  Meanwhile, Friday Nov 6th I have my third chemo treatment. Later in the month I will have a PETSCAN.

The chemo knocks me out three days later and then decreasing for the next two.  I have the rest of the three week period pretty normal....now.

David and Tyler taking some time at Raquette Lake


The boys have all come to visit. Having Will and Katharine Ann here has been such a blessing.  I am stable now and dealing with insurance and other legal issues.  Friends have come by from "away" as they say in Maine,  I can get around myself.  John and I have been back to the Adirondacks twice, to Maine, and are headed to the Met for Rigoletto and a night in the city.   I have not been still.

I am writing this to get some facts out there. You may already know this or not.  It is very difficult to talk about from the beginning but I am getting much better at not dwelling on it but continuing to live as normally as I can.  We all never know when the time will be up, I have an indication but don't know for sure.

Let's continue living and make every day more meaningful. Carpe diem!

I plan to write more on this sage to keep those of you interested informed.
This blog is for those dear to me.   That's why I sent you. The address.  If you know of someone I might have missed, you may share it.  But be discerning, there likely will bei some very personal stories here. It's not for Facebook, ok.?



Sunfish added to the toys at the lake enjoyed by many a cousin and family - and ME!




Me and John overlooking Columbus circle and Central Park after an evening at the Met!

1 comment:

Olivia Jayden said...

I never believed that i will be happy again after much frustration. I have been rejected by my husband after Six(6) years of marriage just because he met another woman and he left me and the kids to suffer. One day when i was reading through the web i stumbled at a post on how chief dr lucky the great spell caster has helped people to restore broken marriages and relationships and curing of diseases. I emailed him immediately to help my situation via: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com He told me not to worry that my husband will return to me begging and shedding tears of forgiveness. I am so happy that my husband actually returned to me in 48 hours after i obeyed the words and instructions of chief dr lucky. contact him today in any of your problems for a lasting solution:
If you want your ex lover back.
If you want to be cured of Herpes, Fibroid Cancers and other diseases.
You want to be rich and famous.
You want to be promoted in your office.
if you want to win the troubling court cases.
You want your husband/wife to be yours forever.
if you want to divorce or stop your divorce.
Pregnancy spell to conceive and bear baby.
Contact chief dr lucky via: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com or call/whats app +2348132777335 for lasting spell solution to all your problems. His website: http://chiefdrluckysolutionhome.website2.me/  

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...