Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Checking in - all is well




Another month passes and I continue to thrive with the chemo regiment.  I count my blessings everyday.  PET scan Friday, Dr visit Monday - quick update will follow, but I foresee no problems based on how I have been feeling.

John and I have taken up pickle ball!  Seems to be the thing to do - wonder if any of you are playing?  John, having played racket sports most of his life,  is much more natural at it than I.  We make a great team - he carries me most of the time, and continues to be patient with me even in the competitive environment!  Of course,  having not done much exercise  recently, and using my left side and arm more than usual - it causes aches as muscles get used…. And this cycles through my brain as strange sensations in my Chest… and the rest is just plain anxiety.  I share this with you only to share how pervasive this situation is even though all indications are positive.  Meanwhile.  Anyone else enjoying this sport?

My last big birthday,  John and I discussed what kind of a party I would like.  After much thought I decided I didn’t want a party,  but what I wanted was  to have time with each person I would have liked to celebrate my birthday with.  I wanted to have a dinner with each one, one at a time.  I wanted to share special time with EACH.  With that goal in mind,  we have successfully spent great one on one time with many friends.  Dallas friends, High school friends, having baby friends….  throughout the last year.  This month was a continuation!






Jim Hancock, Suzan Zeder and ME in Santa Fe
I took a four day run away trip to Santa Fe earlier in the month to visit a dear friend from High School and her husband -  there was some wonderful magic there.  


We just returned from traveling through Florida enjoying  the luxury of friendships.  The time of sharing was defined,  for this trip, as spending an evening, a night and breakfast with someone near and dear from my history.  I was anxiously look forward to this dedicated time of friendship.   I hadn’t seen a few of these friends for over 10 years - but each welcomed us both with open arms and hearts. It was an amazing encapsulation of many facets of my life- and John is still with me!

 We covered Florida from Fort Lauderdale through Naples and Sarasota, across Sebring area  and Jacksonville.  Even found a smidgen of time for ourselves to quick check in on St. Augustine and Amelia Island.  We have a pretty well rounded view of the state. and a great appreciation for the strength of friendships.  I didn’t get pictures as each of our stops - too busy talking!  There are a few below to share. 



John with Dougie Schlicher in Fort Lauderdale
Me and Barbie Ludwig at Pine Island
with Maria Johnson at Boca Grande
at Bob Vasko's place in Sarasota
with Charlotte and Gary Ehlig in Ponte Vedra



One lesson I learned - and there are many - is that almost ALL of us have some serious situations we are and have faced.  Health, finances, family... but the strength of getting through it has made many a friend stronger.  Remission is a very important word.  Within my small circle there are a lot of barely known diseases and a number of miraculous new findings in these fields.  I now can listen and hear much more of the individual stories.  There is a lot of hope out there.  

I was greatly encouraged for my own journey realizing that I am far from alone.  Non of us are,  sometimes we just feel that way.  John was surprised with the planning of the trip - partly because i had the "courage" to ask friends if we could visit.  I am so glad I did,  and encourage you to do the same,  You will be surprised as the welcome you get.   Come visit us!!

By the way,  If WE haven't had that time together,  I might be uncomfortable asking you - so call ME!!


Of course,  I missed seeing my new man for over a week and am anxious to see him when the snow stops falling.  William makes it extra special to get back home.

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...