Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Family Gatherings - Lot's of Hugs to Give

Christmas is fast approaching - and health matters are still very much the focus.  Between David's admittance to the hospital in June and November 1st,  I was able to complete a Christmas stocking for my wonderful daughter-in-law Katharine Ann!  As you can tell,  there was a lot of sitting around time done during that stretch.  The needlepoint was a good diversion and focus for healing.

It is now hanging on the mantel in Suffield along with the four stockings done for the boys by Cathy Walker Hopkins's mom when they were born!


Since I last wrote, all the boys have come to town and are safely ensconced in Suffield. Will and KA have made great strides in settling in and I am glad it's working well for all of them.  Johnny arrived the 18th which gave me time to enjoy his company alone,  We went to a yoga class and a yoga retreat together - sharing a new part of his life of fitness and serenity.  It is so special to get that one on one time.  Thanks John!!

Also during that week I met with my oncologist who is very pleased with my progress but hadn't been informed of the Dana Farber Qualification.  I will meet with him again December 31st as we will remap the next version of therapy with the additional information.  I will keep you appraised.  Meanwhile, Friday I had my fifth chemo treatment and I'm only now suffering some con sequences.  Saturday John and I went into New York to see the Barber of Seville at the Metropolitan Opera.  Opera?  It was in English and shortened but still by Rossini!  The trip to the city was a great diversion. We did a lot of walking and window shopping as well as dining and operaticcing.

Tyler and Davey arrived Sunday - driving across country with their two big dogs!  The full compliment is here!  Let the games begin.  It is wonderful that they have been able to spend so much time with us here.  Tyler and I went shopping last night - didn't accomplish much but it was great to be together.




I will be spending Christmas eve and Day with the DeWeese family - after all, John has the grandchildren that he is graciously sharing!! They have all been very kind and welcoming to me and I know it will be joyous.

This feels vaguely like the Christmas letter I used to write about all the busy-ness of raising a family - only different!  These pages are a bit more somber, real, genuine, and very heartfelt.  It's a tough road but, again I am trying to share to good parts - but you all know there are tough times and your support and understanding is invaluable.


So, with that - have a very Merry, Happy Holiday.  Give lots of hugs to those with you.  Listen more intently to what they might have to tell you.  Be a bit more open in your own sensitivities.  We all need to work together.  I thank you for being there f

No comments:

Amaros,amaros Amaros

WE also got an education         about a  AMAROS -          CARDAMARP     AMARO MONTENEGRO     AMARO NONINO and     SFUMATO I'll Get bac...